Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu

6 years have passed, it still hits a sore spot. April 2003 was the happiest yet the darkest month for me.

Happiest as I welcome Jiaheng, my favourite boy into the world and into our family. Darkest as our family struggled with SARS and praying that my mum-in-law get out of her coma soon.

6 years later, April 2009... again, the world is hit with a pandemic, the Swine Flu. From the news reports, it seems that the Swine Flu is hitting the world harder. It is getting on my nerves and the first persons whom I want to protect are my favourite boy and girl.

On top of a healthy diet of fresh fruits and lots of vege (I m lucky tt they are vege lovers), I will up their supply of anti-oxidants. Every night, I will soak 1 grape-seed extract and 1 Vitamin C in their milk bottles. When the pills dissolved, I will mix in their milk powder. Not forgetting the daily children's multivitamins to boost their immune system. And of course, they will need to drink lots of water to hydrate themselves. I am not taking any chances.

The reason why some people fall sick and some don't when the flu bug hits is their immune system. When their bodies are well-protected with anti-oxidants, the chances of them falling sick is highly reduced. This is my way of protecting my two angels. Jiaheng, Yixuan, I love you both so so much.

----- posted by Mommy

No comments:

 
Google