Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our first appointment is done!

Today is our scheduled HDB first appointment date. It took us a whole 2 hours to get all paper work done. Can't really remember the procedure, it is just one paper signing after another.

"Owner 1, please sign here. Owner 2, sign here... sign here... sign here... sign here... sign here...here... here... sign here..." For a moment, I thought I turned into a document signing machine!

As we are doing contra for buying and selling our flat, all three parties (i.e. the couple buying our current flat + the gentleman selling the new flat to us + Kai Hock & I) need to be present for the contract to materialise. It is like a battalion moving from one counter to another. I must admit it was quite fun. :)

I like the young couple buying our current flat. In fact, they left a good impression with me the very first time we met. Nice people, I must say. Very friendly and warm. We are happy our current home will be in good hands.

Our current home has served us well for 10 years. Kai Hock and I spent 4 "honeymoon" years here before Jiaheng arrived. Then 3 years later, it welcomed its 4th occupant, Yixuan.

Every time I step into our home, I will feel secure and at ease. It is not just a shelter over our heads but it has shared 10 years of our life stories... like a good, loyal friend. I am going to miss it. *sentimental, sentimental*

Well having said that, I am also looking forward to moving into our new flat. It is a different experience altogether with new neighbours and new environment. But ... yes! I am looking forward to it. Especially when Jiaheng starts his Primary one next year. It will such a breeze to send him to and fro school as the school is just a stone throw away. :)

Not forgetting the nice gentleman who sold the house to us. He shared with me some family history of the house while we chatted at the HDB. So kind of him to leave me some of his fond memories.

At the end of the day, it is all these nice people you meet that makes this world a warmer and happier place to live in isn't it? And I am lucky to meet so many of them.


------ posted by Mommy

No comments:

 
Google