Friday, June 15, 2007

The Crawling Track

Our princess has a crawling track that is designed so that it makes an excellent flooring for her to crawl on it. It boosts of the most suited material and design to enhance her crawling experience. (Excuse me... do I sound like I am doing some advertisement? Anyway, the crawling track is supposed to help her learn crawling.)

Crawling is excellent right-left brain exercise for a young baby. The faster the baby can crawl, the better the brain can develop.

Despite the goodness of crawling, our princess will whine and cry out for help after inching on it for a short while. I figured out it must be the posture of her crawl. She was pushing herself forward on her tummy. Perhaps, there was too much friction. Or perhaps, she just want mommy to comfort her. (Just like us adults, looking for an easy way out)

Mommy and Papa are persistent. We put our princess on the crawling track whenever we can. And today, our princess did not make a single objection and crawled the full length of the crawling track. Guess why? Because, she has progressed to crawling on her knees instead of dragging herself on her tummy. That is the result of many trial and error and improvements.

And one thing is obvious... it's that joyous and proud look on her when she lunged forward to grab the toy we put in front of her.

Somehow, I just link all these I observed back to the business. When I first started the business, it was slow and often there is the urge to "cry out" to stop. Then after much persistance and learning, I just got better and better. So much so, that I am proud of myself for being a better person in personal development and in business building....

Sometimes, I wonder if we are our children's teachers or is it the other way round?

No comments:

 
Google