Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Midnight Peek-a-boo

My son and daughter sleep in the same room as us. My son will sleep on the mattress next to our bed, nearer to Mommy side. Our daughter will sleep between us on the big bed.

I climbed into bed quietly next to my princess yesterday night. I looked at the clock, it's already past twelve o'clock. As usual, I placed the small pillow over my eyes to induce sleep.

While I was just about to doze off, I felt my pillow being pulled away from my face. Very instinctively, I opened my eyes quickly. And there, greeting me was my dear princess, sitting next to me with her usual charming toothless grin. :)

Oh... hello there. I was a little surprised and caught off-guard to see her. But as I was about to fall asleep, I was really very tired. So I said to her, "Good night, Yixuan... Papa is sleeping already... you sleep too ok?". And needless to say, the answer will be "not ok"... cos the pillow was pulled off the moment I replaced it.

Oh I get it... she was playing Peek-a-boo with Papa.... in the middle of the night! She was so excited to see me place the pillow on my face that she pulled it off the moment I put in there. Once, twice, thrice... and I never fail to see that happy face every time the pillow was pulled away.

How can I be upset when I see her cute face? So what is the next best thing to do? Of course, to wake Mommy up to "share" in the fun lah!

No comments:

 
Google