Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Steps

Yixuan Yixuan, come, come to mommy ... and then *plod plod plod* and she landed in my arms. ;)

I moved back a little, opened up my arms and then called out again. *plod plod plod* Hey, the little girl made 3 quick steps before losing her balance and landed in my arms again. Mommy was all smiles, so was the girl.

Yeh! It's our dear Princess first steps.

I first saw her rehearsing her moves. She held my hand and then squat down, stand up, squat down and then stand up. She seems to like what she was doing and kept rehearsing those moves. My mum told me that once the little one starts to do the squatting and standing, she is ready to take the first steps.

So, I decided to give it a go. I sat in front of her. First I helped her stabalise herself before I let go and called out to her to come to me. Initially, I was not sure what she will do... will she 'run' to me? just *plomp* sit down again? carry on standing and waiting for me to take actions? ??? But when she made those first steps, I was so proud of her. And more important, she was so proud of herself.

Hug Hug baby Yixuan.

It is really amazing how fast babies learn in those first few initial months. Yixuan just turned 10 months a few days ago and it seems just not too long ago when I first held her in my arms. She was so helpless then and now she has taken her first steps.

I am so glad that I can be home to take care of her while I worked.

==================
posted by Mommy

2 comments:

babyvinz said...

Baby Yixuen can walk now! Wow!! Clevergal!

Quek Kai Hock said...

Still not steady but she's polishing her skill everyday. Doing a new stunt every one or two days.
I am amazed at the speed babies learn at this stage.

Sy

 
Google