Saturday, September 01, 2007

Jiaheng wants to talk to God

"Mommy, I want to talk to God." Jiaheng told me at bedtime tonight. He said, "Mommy, do this." and as he spoke, he clasped his fingers and asked me to follow suit.

"Dear God" Jiaheng started. "Please make Quek Kay Hng well, and Quek Yi Xuan well and Wang Tse Wern well." "God, Quek Yi Xuan is sleeping next to Wang Tse Wern. And Quek Kay Hng is talking to you now." (as if he is trying hard to describe us so that God can pinpoint us)

"God, please make all the sick people well." (ah... so sweet...) Then he turned to me and asked, "Mommy, any more people sick?" I said "What about your Popo?" Jiaheng quickly continued his prayer "God, please make my Popo well too, she is staying in Blk 158, Toa Payoh, Lor 1."

I nearly could not control my laughter... yes Jiaheng, God will not miss out your grandma. (when you went to the details of giving God her address)

It all started when Jiaheng started school at a Christian kindergarten this June. They do prayers before school starts and during snack time. So Jiaheng started his conversation with God too. We do not really have a religion and we are open to what he is doing. We believe in giving him a choice.

Life is all about making choices, isn't it?

============================
posted by Mommy

2 comments:

babyvinz said...

Is he attending school as Paya Lebar Methodist Church??? I guess whatever the religion, as long as we learn to be a kind person, as well as, not taking things to the extreme, that'll be good.

Quek Kai Hock said...

Jiaheng is attending school at Zion Kindergarten.
Yes, good moral and value inculcation is very important at this stage. :)

 
Google