Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fish Therapy

22 June 2008 marks the 9th year of our wedding. It has been 9 years since my wife and I got married. Looking back, it has been a wonderful journey together, and along the way came Jiaheng and then Yixuan. :)

We are both very grateful for these 2 wonderful kids. It must have been the good fortune left from our ancestors. As I get to know more and read more, I am beginning to believe that you have the power to create your own destiny and to accumulate good fortune to be passed down to your descendants.

I was cracking my brain where to bring Mommy to for our anniversary. Some place where she has never been to, some place where it will be a surprise for her.

Then a great idea dawned on me. Mommy used to be a teacher so she used to stand for long hours. After near a decade of teaching, she started to have cracked heels and dry skin on her feet. It became worse with the 2 pregnancies, with so much weight added to her.

It really pains me to see the deep lines on her heels. We tried a few things like moisturisers, foot scrubs etc. But they didn't really help. Even though, Mommy kept saying never mind. I really hope to find a solution for her. I decided to book an appointment with the Fish Doctors.

It was a cosy place nestled among the many famous eateries at Novena Ville. I actually found this place using the Internet, the reviews seem to be good. The Fish Doctors are supposed to be a totally natural skin treatment experience. The Fish Doctors will gently nibble on your skin and provide massage to your feet at the same time.





Mommy was still guessing non-stop even minutes before we reached our destination. Is it SPA? KTV? Massage??? Nope! none of the above. I was beaming with satisfaction that she did not manage to get the right answer.

The staff there were very friendly and knowledgeable too. When they knew it was our wedding anniversary, they even gave us an additional 15 mins for the dip.

But alas, I didn't expect Mommy to be so terrified of the fish nibbling her. Once she put her feet in, she quickly retracted them. I was prepared to leave. Mommy insisted that we should stay. I knew she didn't want me to feel bad.

Initially, Mommy only mustered enough courage to dip her heel in, then slowly after some tapping and distraction, she managed to dip her both feet in. So proud of her!

We completely the 45 minutes of dip together. The final product was pretty good too cos the feet were visibly fairer and smoother. Mommy said perhaps next time, when she mustered enough courage, we can come again.

The feel of giving someone a surprise is really nice. Seeing Mommy in suspense, trying to guess where I will bring her to. But it is really 人算不如天算, the final person to get the surprise was actually myself. Sigh! got to do a better job next year... our 10th anniversary :)

1 comment:

babyvinz said...

A gift with such sensitivity and intention is worth anything, even hitches n surprises. Good work Shifu!

 
Google