Monday, October 06, 2008

Something I Learnt from Jiaheng

Jiaheng's 弟子规 teacher told the class that it is important to have a 志向, i.e. to have a direction in life.

If you do not have 志向, it is like packing your luggage and lugging it all the way the airport but just standing there from morning till night but still have not taken flight, simply because you don't know where to go!

During "Jiaheng's Late Night" today, Kai Hock, Jiaheng and I were having a game of monopoly. Needless to say Jiaheng had a very enjoyable night. While I was lying next to him in bed, Jiaheng said this to me.

"Mommy, do you know that the dice for monopoly is just like the “我的志向”that teacher was talking about, you know? It is like you need to know where you want to go. Like if you want to dice to land at box 8, 10 and 11, you will tell the dice to go there, just like our 志向. Right?"

I just replied "Yes, Jiaheng". Although I didn't comment much, but while Jiaheng drifted off to sleep next to me, I can't help but think how correct he is. :)

-------- posted by Mommy

No comments:

 
Google