Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yixuan is a Gym Babe

Recently, we signed Yixuan up for a Gym class. Actually, I have been wanting to sign Yixuan up for an enrichment. Just nice, my friend's girl is also attending the Gym class and my friend strongly recommends it.

Jiaheng used to attend the same Gym so I kind of know what to expect. The activities seem to suit Yixuan so we decided to go ahead. Today is the 3rd class and I feel that we have made the right choice to get her started.

The Gym is not those "music & movement" type but a real Gym school with balancing beams, bars, trampolines etc.

Yixuan has an excellent sense of balance for a two-year old. It is easily observed from her daily activities. She can ride on Jiaheng's scooter-bike (those type that requires you to put one leg on the board and one leg on the floor to push yourself forward). She can climb onto Jiaheng's bike (those real bike and not those push-cart type) and pretend to ride (cos legs not long enough to turn peddle one round) without falling over!

She can do most of the activities that the teacher stipulated and seems to enjoy what she is doing. Like walking on the balancing beam, crawling backwards, do donkey kicks, arch to look like a table etc. Aiyoh! Some moves really 高难度. I also got problem doing some of her moves.

Through the Gym activites, I can also see some traits of her character. Can literally see the determination to complete the tasks by the look in her eyes. Will this be our girl's character when she grows up? 拭目以待.

But I am real glad I signed her up, cos this also gave the both of us a "Mommy & Me" time out of the house. :)

------- posted by Mommy

No comments:

 
Google