Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Girl's 1st day in school

Kai Hock and I decided to start Yixuan's school in the middle of the year as we wanted our little baby to stay home with us a little longer. But the little one is more eager to take flight. Yixuan kept saying that she wants to go school like her big brother so we decided it is time to let her go.

Today is Yixuan's first day in school. Based on Jiaheng excellent track records on his first day in school, I was hoping that it will also be easy for me this time round for Yixuan.

The afternoon session children were gathered in a room while waiting for the morning session children to dismiss. Yixuan looked so grown up and solemn sitting on the mat cross-legged. I was glad that she doesn't look anxious about the first day in school. Like what the Papa always say... Mama always seems more "kan cheong" than the little one. Sigh! What to do? Mama always worries the most.

When the teachers came to fetch the children from their respective classes, Yixuan said "Mummy go outside and wait, cannot come in". I was taken aback when I heard her, but it is a good opportunity for me to stay out and observe if she can do it herself. I quickly jumped on the opportunity and 'obediently' did what I was told. *double wink*.

I felt so sneaky and sheepish trying to peep from the outside window to see how Yixuan was doing. On one hand, I tried to let her go. On the other hand, I was dying to see how she is coping in the classroom. So in the end, got to end up spying on her. The moment I thought she is going to see me, I had to duck. Aiyoh! Can really pull my hair off... try to be cool lah... let her go in herself lah.

Luckily for both of us, Yixuan seems to blend into the environment very quickly. When the class teacher introduced her to the class, she very cooperatively and calmly stood next to the teacher, facing the class. During her lesson time, I can see from her back that she is sitting up very straight and cross-legged. Even though, I cannot see her face expression, I can already visualise her trying her best to appear serious.

After about 15 minutes, the moment of release came! The teacher started to play a song and I was simply tickled seeing Yixuan's pony tail sway vigourously left and right as she moves her head left and right to the beat of the song. Ahhh... this image suits my little girl more, she just comes alive when music is played.

Then it was break time, followed by toilet break, followed by outdoor play. Again, I did not follow her in as she seems to be coping good. I tell myself to restrain my impulse to sit in with her. Why ruin her eagerness to be independent? I can reassure you that it is not easy for this Mummy to just let go. But ultimately, I am glad I persisted.

It seems like eons before she reached her last period. Mummy's neck cannot stretch any longer after all the peeping sessions.

I am so proud of my little girl for having adapted so well on her first day of school and am so proud of myself for having SURVIVED her first day. :) And of course, I must thank Yixuan for making it an easy day for Mama.

------ posted by Mommy

No comments:

 
Google