Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Happy Children's Day

It is Children's Day today. Children's Day has always been a special day for me.

When I was young, we always get to bring home some Children's Day souvenirs from school. Be it a mug, a file or a pencil, I will look forward to it. Not forgetting the sweets we got from our teachers... and it is a school holiday on Children's Day.

I also want Children's Day to be special for my children. I decided to give all my time to them today. No work, no training, no phone calls.

We went to Science Center. There is a Super Science Show specially for the young audience today. It was entertaining. The 2 performers were enjoying themselves and indulged themselves in a talkshow. The young audiences also felt the energy and warmed up too.

But the best part was when they passed 4 gigantic balloons around. Once the giant balloons were released, the whole auditorium became quite chaotic. Some children left their seats and scrambled around to get their hands on the irresistible balloons. Wherever, the balloons went, you can see a crowd standing and stretching their arms up.

The balloons were pushed from the front to the back and from left to the right. Somehow, it just did not come over to our side of the auditorium. I can see from Jiaheng's eyes that he really wished to have a go at the balloons too.

Finally, the balloons were pushed to our side. I stood up and lightly pushed the balloon to Jiaheng. He quickly stretched his little hands up as much as he can... YES... he managed to touch it. In that instant, his eyes lit up and broke into a wide smile. Then he looked at me and said "THANK YOU Papa." It felt really good.

The space exhibits were very interesting too. Can't imagine living in such a futuristic world. Hmm... Papa & Mommy will be in our sixties then and the children in their thirties. How will life be then? Will Jiaheng be like me, bringing his child to Science Center to celebrate Children's Day? ? ? Just a thought... :)

On our way home that night, Jiaheng told me that he had a very enjoyable and happy day. Same here son. Papa also had a Happy Children's day... because of you and Yixuan.

No comments:

 
Google