Friday, November 16, 2007

R.I.P

It's one bad news after another.

Just not too long ago, I received news from one of my friends that her uncle just passed away. And today, we received news that Kai Hock's only uncle also left us. :( He is only 48 years old. Shouldn't it be the prime years?

Frankly speaking, I am personally not close to uncle. I only met him at most 3 or 4 times since Kai Hock and I got married. There was some misunderstanding in the family several years back and we have not met him since. But what I DO know is he left behind 3 children, his youngest child is only 16 years old. What I DO know is that 3 children just lost their dad. What I DO know is that he has yet to enjoy life after working so hard for so many years raising his children. What I DO know is a wife just lost her husband. Sigh...

Uncle passed away because of cancer. CANCER... a word so familiar (cos it's so prevalent) and yet so scary.

Why should anyone pass away because of cancer? It never existed say 50 years ago... then why is it that you hear of it taking away loved ones almost everywhere you go?

My mom-in-law is quite affected by uncle's departure. After all, this is the only brother that she has and he was brought up by her. More than once, she recounted to me how she took care of uncle since young.

My mom-in-law wanted to be there at wake to help out throughout the 5 days. We are worried about her own health and kept reminding her to take her supplements. We often put so much stress on our body and mind without giving our body the ammunition to fight damage. We do it ever to often without even realising it.

One year, we are still fine. What about ten years from now? Worse still twenty years from now? That is where it all started. That is where we give the chance for our healthy cells to be destroyed and cancer cells to multiply.

Recently, I watched a documentary by BBC on the Truth about Vitamins. It really gave me more confidence to continue my family's lifestyle of taking our supplements daily. Cos I really don't want to see diseases take away anymore of my loved ones and friends.

It is also my wish that we can help more people. Do go and watch this documentary by clicking here.

Uncle, rest in peace.

No comments:

 
Google