Monday, November 19, 2007

I really regretted my procrastination

We knew the choice of floor tiles in the toilet was a bad one when Kai Hock first slipped in it. Then I had a "go" at it once too.

So we bought this bottle of liquid that is supposed to make the tiles anti-skid. I tried it in our master bedroom toilet and it worked beautifully. But it came with a lot of hard work cos you need to continuously scrub the tiles for 3 minutes to create that anti-skid effect. You may say only 3 minutes what... yar... one tile is 3 minutes... multiply that with the number of tiles needed to fill the toilet. That is the total time that you need to scrub!

It took me much endurance to complete the anti-skid process in the master bedroom. Boy, am I proud every time I step into the toilet. :) But after that long-drawn process, I kept delaying the anti-skid process in the kitchen toilet.

And today, I really regretted my procrastination.

I was washing at the kitchen sink, when I heard a loud thump! My motherly instinct told me that something was wrong. I turned back and saw Jiaheng lying on the toilet floor. His back of the head is exactly on the metal tracks where the door slides open and close! I froze for a moment before I knew how to react.

Jiaheng has always been a very strong boy and can really endure pain. Most of the time when he fell down, he will just get up and the next moment he is fine. I remembered the worst accident was when he clamped his finger on the sliding door at my mom's house. You can imagine how painful it is but he didn't cry. He just used his hand to press the injured finger very hard and clamp it between his leg and said OUCH, OUCH! Luckily, I was not there to witness it and my mom only told me a few days later else my heart will bleed again.

This time round, Jiaheng really cried. The tears just streamed down his cheeks and he just cried and cried and cried. I really don't know what to do... All I could do was to put my palm at the back of his head and comfort him. All I could feel was pain in my heart.

I was so scared when I felt some liquid on my palm. Guess I watched too many drama series, I kept imagining that it is blood on my palm. Can you imagine how relieved I was when I realised it was only sweat from Jiaheng's head and my palm?

Even now as I type away, my emotions are still stirring. The images of Jiaheng crying and the red lines on the bump (as a result of the metal tracks) just make the pain in my heart worsen.

I am so angry with myself for allowing this to happen. Bad mommy. :(

I am so sorry Jiaheng. It is mommy's fault for not fixing the tiles earlier. Mommy just finished the anti-skid in the toilet... this will not happen again. Sorry...

--------------- posted by Mommy

2 comments:

Tse Wern & Kai Hock said...

This is Daddy... It is really my fault... I was the one who insisted on buying that anti-skid liquid and has been sitting on it for months! Until Mommy took it out to do the Master bedroom, I thot, "Great, now I just need time to work on the other". But time just keep postponing... A lesson well learnt! Stop procastination or we end up with more challenges, whether it was the floor or our life!

babyvinz said...

Oh my GOSH! I know what u meant about heart bleeding. That's what happens to me often. Last week while I was in the kitcehn preparing food for Fur, I heard a loud thud. When I turned around, there I saw Baby en, flat on the floor with her chin on it. Then the loud crying. Was so scared when I went over to hug her. There was this huge blue-black and an instant swelling. She told me she fell while she was trying to catch Fur. Luckily no other damage done.

 
Google